Subject matter/extracts, texts, and concepts for different media (genres) will be considered for prizes.
• Amateur authors (children, young people, adults)
• Professional authors (including those still studying) and dramaturges
2. Media (genres)
The primary focus is on subject matter, extracts, texts and concepts particularly aimed at children and young people.
A convincing concept is aimed for in the following media (genres); there are no restrictions on the linguistic form:
• Fiction - synopsis (outline) for a novel, story, short story, poetry
• Short film (screenplay, synopsis)
• Feature-length film (synopsis, fully prepared section of the screenplay/scene
from the screenplay)
• TV series (concept)
• Play (synopsis, prepared section/scene of the play)
• Board or computer game (concept and scene from the game)
• (Internet) comic (concept and excerpt)
• Opera, musical (e.g. for children)
• Video recording of a finished play, opera, musical
Each participant must indicate which genre his work is to compete in.
The following may be submitted:
• Manuscripts: synopsis, concepts (maximum 5 pages in length)
• Sequences, scenes, extracts from plays, dramas or feature films
including formulated dialogues (maximum 15 pages in length)
• Short film screenplay including formulated dialogues (maximum 15 pages in length)
• Feature film screenplay including formulated dialogues (maximum 15 pages in length)
• The entry must bear the following details: name, title of the work, number of pages and
• Text in PDF format
• Audio file in MP3 format, no longer than 5 minutes long. File size:
max. 1 GB in broadcast quality
• Video entries to be submitted as MOV or MP4 (H264) files
4.1. Range of topics
Violence – Consequences – Solutions
4.2. Range of topics
Looking to the future to the diversity of a life full of joie
de vivre, sincerity, harmony, love, friendship, the laughter of children and much more
Example: "What made you happy last week?"
5. Conditions of participation
• Submissions (PDF, spoken entries as MP3 files, films) must be uploaded to the
digital database by participants
• Bilingual texts and/or dialogues (written, spoken, sung, displayed, etc.) in
German and English; one of both languages sufficient as a PDF,
(the translators will be integrated in a possible prize ceremony/award),
• Participants must send a completed and signed entry form as an attachment to
the e-mail address provided,
participation is not possible without registration
• The organisers’ decision is final. There is no recourse to legal action.
Closing date for entries: 31 July 2015
We recommend uploading works to the database at least four days before the closing date and mailing the written entry form (PDF) in good time.