IV. Game Design
This genre is for game designers and game developers, although only the first term is used in the call for submissions.
The conditions of participation for board games, game ideas, and similar entries are found under genre VI. Dramaturgy in the Call for Submissions section.
• Amateur game designers (children, young people, adults)
• “Professional trainee game designers” (including those still studying, apprentices, etc.)
and professional game designers
2. Type, form, technology, format, idea
• A brief and comprehensible description of the idea (Game Design Document) -
maximum three pages in length - including the following details:
• Overview of the target group, people involved, intention of the chosen topic,
game’s objective, structure, technology and implementation (provided as a PDF file)
• The genre is optional (Jump&Run, Adventure, etc.)
• Any technical implementation may be chosen (Flashplayer, Unity, Ogre, etc.)
• Standard platform, e.g. Windows XP
• Maximum file size 200 MB
• Maximum game length 15 minutes
3. Legal information
• Content glorifying violence is inadmissible.
• The game is to be submitted in full length.
• A game that has received an award may not be subsequently changed if this means that
the depiction of or reference to or statement regarding violence would also be changed.
• A link enables jury members to access the game.
• The game must not contain advertising of any kind .
4.1. Range of topics
Violence – Consequences – Solutions
4.2. Range of topics
Looking to the future to the diversity of a life full of joie
de vivre, sincerity, harmony, love, friendship, the laughter of children and much more
Example: "What made you happy last week?"
5. Conditions of participation
• In the event of winning a prize/a special recognition, the participant is to provide
the game on DVD if requested
• Bilingual texts and/or dialogues (written, spoken, sung, displayed, etc.) in German and
English; one of both languages sufficient as a PDF,
(the translators will be integrated in a possible prize ceremony/award),
• Participants must send a completed and signed entry form as an attachment to the
e-mail address provided, participation is not possible without registration
• The organisers’ decision is final. There is no recourse to legal action.
Closing date for entries: 31 July 2015
We recommend uploading works to the database at least four days before the closing date and mailing the written entry form (PDF) in good time.